Equality Information and Objectives
Promoting equality and community cohesion at Sacred Heart Primary School Luton
At Sacred Heart Primary School we have a strong commitment to fairness and equality in everything that we do.
- We try to ensure that everyone is treated with care, concern and respect in accordance with our Mission Statement.
- We work hard to make ensure that the school is a safe and secure environment for everyone
- We recognise that people have different needs, and we understand that treating people equally does not always involve treating them all exactly the same.
- We recognise that for some pupils extra support is needed to help them to achieve and be successful.
- We try to make sure that people from different groups are consulted and involved in our decisions, for example through talking to pupils and parents/carers, and through our School Council.
- We aim to make sure that no-one experiences harassment, less favourable treatment or discrimination because of their age; any disability they may have; their ethnicity, colour or national origin; their gender; their gender identity or reassignment; their marital or civil partnership status; being pregnant or having recently had a baby; their religion or beliefs; their sexual identity and orientation.
We have, in place, the following policies and schemes to ensure our school is a safe, secure and accessible place for all:
- Disability Equality Scheme.
- Anti-Bullying Policy.
- Promoting Good Behaviour and Discipline Policy.
- Code of Conduct Policy.
- Complaints Procedure Policy.
- Care and Control Policy.
- E-safety Policy.
- Inclusion Policy.
- Race and Equal Opportunities Policy.
- Safeguarding Children Policy
- Special Educational Needs Policy
All further information can be found by downloaded the below Equalities document.